Sunday, May 31, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
Many sites offer great promises, but as the saying goes if it is to good to be true then watch your self. Unfortunately many people really don't dig hard enough to see if it is a safe legit sight and that is when the scam falls. And I fell into one myself.
Please read this site and protect your self when thinking of trying a make extra cash site, and research, research, research, and most of all Do not give any information out at all until you know 100% they are real.
Thursday, May 28, 2015
A Fruit Bars (9-12 Bars)
1 pkg. JIFFY oatmeal cookie mix
½ cup jam of your choice
½ cup margarine or butter softened
Preheat oven to 350
Combine cookie mix and margarine or butter until crumbly. Set aside ½ cup of crumb mixture, loosely filled. Press remaining mixture on bottom of ungreased 8’ square pan. Spread jam on top of mixture. Sprinkle reserved mixture over jam. Bake 24-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut
Gooey Goodie Bars (24-30 Bars)
1 pkg JIFFY sugar cookie mix
2 cups flaked coconut
½ cup margarine or butter melted
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips
¼ cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350
Combine cookie mix and margarine or butter. Spread into bottom of ungreased 13x9” pan. Top with coconut and milk. Bake 25-30 minutes. Over low heat melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Spread mixture over crust immediately after it has been removed from the oven. Cool thoroughly before cutting.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cups Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
1 TBSP Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
24 mini buns
Combine all ingredients except buns in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is completely cooked. Remove chicken shred and mix completely with cooking liquid, serve on buns.
Makes 24 sliders
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
6 large portobello mushrooms stems removed (4 to 4 1/2 inch)
2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
1 pkg. (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese soften
3 garlic cloves minced
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat broiler. In a large resealable plastic bag combine mushrooms and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Drain mushrooms, discarding salad dressing. Place mushrooms in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Broil 3-4 in from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Fill with spinach mixture; top with mozzarella cheese. Broil 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Start to Finish 30 minutes Makes 6 servings.
Submitted to magazine by, Jennifer Bender
If your not wanting to cook, then I suggest you give this a try. From my magazine Taste of Home
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
4 slices of sourdough bread
1/4 cup canned chopped green chili
1/4 lb. thinly sliced deli turkey
1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese
1 Tbsp. butter, soften
1. Spread mayonnaise over two slices of bread. Layer with green chilies, turkey, and cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Start to Finish 10 minutes, Makes 2 servings
submitted to the magazine by, Leah Carter
I will get my camera figured out to get brighter shots.
2 medium onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 whole pita breads
Topping : tzatziki sauce, torn romaine and sliced tomato, cucumber, and onion
1. In a 3-qt, slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients: add chicken cook, covered on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender ( a thermometer should read 165 or over)
2. Remove chicken from slow cooker, Shred with two forks, return to slow cooker, using tongs, place chicken mixture on a pita breads, Serve with toppings.
Prep 20 minutes: Cooking 3 Hours: Makes 8 servings
Recipe submitted to magazine by sixsistersstuff
Monday, May 25, 2015
All though I would never give it up and take it back I so loved the 80's and the style was so much better back then Here is a site I came upon.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
I also notice that it starts to break off on the ends and gets brittle, I like using a oil for now but always looking for different stuff to try. I came upon this site, it's a good one with great tips.
Friday, May 22, 2015
Although me and my brother are going to have BBQ we keep it simple with chicken, meat, salad, pretty good if I do say so my self.
Here is a website thought was cool to get a few ideas for your cook out this holiday:)
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Tips on what I do:
1. Deep Breathe
I find this helpful for me, I lay on the floor with everything around me turned off all nice and quiet. I try and do 10 minutes of this or 5, it makes my body more relaxed when rested.
2. Listen to music
I enjoy a soft kind of music not the yelling kind what rest will you get out of that. I like classical or light vocals and just close my eyes and drift off.
3. Nap Time
Now who doesn't love naps if you don't check yourself, the body can do for a 15 minute cat nap, even at times when I was at work I would take 15 minutes break and close my eyes have my alarm set, if you can do this please give it a try the day will go by faster. Don't do a cigar break do a nap break you're body will thank you.
I enjoy a walk to the local library or store, put a pair of soft walking shoes and take that walk, even if it is around the block if you have kids take them to exorcise will do them good.
5. Journal Writing
I like to write in my journal of things that I have done, or things that I am going to do. Make a fun list don't go make a complicated list or that stress will be on the attack mode.
I find baking to be fun, have you always wanted to try a new recipe that requires baking? Well get them baking pans out and bake invite friends or family over not to many maybe 2 or 3 and have fun.
Now I haven't tried this yet but it is on my list, find a good spa or if you know someone get that message in, your body will be in heaven and so will the stress. A good message will rest them muscles out and your'll be a fresh new person.
8. Take a bath
This is the best one if you can find the time, pour a soft scent in the hot bath tub and bring a book or not and just sit there and soak up the heat of the water, close them eyes and drift not to far don't want you drowning.
9. Plant flowers
Get in your garden and plant the newest flowers to your season ready for summer, if you don't have a garden make one. They are fun. I do love to garden and plant, or if not I buy a few house plants and arrange them to look more like a little garden where I can find the room. That makes the stress leave seeing all the beautiful plants or flowers.
10. Go to the movies
I like going to the movies in the day when there are no people they are still asleep or working. No kids jumping around, yelling. Just sit there with your snacks and enjoy the movie. If you can't just go for a car ride and site see around your area, you'll be amazed of stuff you can find and to think you lived there a long time and barley found out about the place, happens to me allot.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
1. Read a good book
4. Write a short story
6. Call someone
7. Clean your home
9. Try on many outfits create a fun look book
10. Rearrange stuff
11. Make a donate bag ready to go out
12. Play games
15. Listen to radio shows
If there is any more that you do that is not on the list, please share.
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Now here is a good rice I like to use when I don't have time to make it the right way, it is a steam in a bag, Oh! I love this one it has wonderful veggies and the taste is great. I usually leave it in the microwave for 4 1/2 minutes and it comes out perfect.
I also had a coke with my dinner I usually have juice drinks but my brother got me this one:)
Entry 4: 3-6-15 9:40 pm
Well if the lights were not freaky enough we had a LOUD NOISE around 9:45- 10:40 pm I heard a loud noise in the house I thought but when I opened the door I heard what it sounded like we were bieng invaded by millions of aircraft's, even the neighbors came out and shouted What's That Noise! the dogs were even barking as well as the birds chirping loud. I swear you could hear people talking in the noise like they were in the noise,
It lasted a good amount of time so loud and who ever was talking was a woman and man seems like, also I was so freaked because I never heard this before in my life I forgot to record it, but this girl I am sub to on her you tube video they got it recorded and they are in Canada and they heard it, I asked my brother if he heard it at work, he works out side at times and he didn't hear nothing.
I asked around and can you believe that no one heard it, how is that possible it was so loud..it never came back and I'm glad...
I did check the news and paper the next day or the day after and nothing of any mention of the noise..
Friday, May 15, 2015
But you get the idea were the light was about but way smaller..
Entry 1: 1-24-15 12:33 am,
Ok how strange was a small fire truck parked out our home, no fires, no persona needs I didn't hear any alarm gong off, you could see someone in the drivers seat looking at something lite like maybe a phone or pad and kept looking back and forth at the light and our window, not sure what he was doing or what but he kept glancing at my window, creepy.
I thought maybe he might be resting but you know when I looked out about 12: 29 am no one was outside, and when I peeked again a few second later he was there I didn't hear a truck motor or anything, it was like he just appeared. Then I turned my light on and went into the kitchen to look out and I saw no one was up all the block lights were out. I went back to my room turned off the light peeked out and he was gone....
Now if that is not creepy I'm not sure what is..
Entry 2: 2:45 pm
Woke up at 2:45 am
I looked out my window and there again were the lights shining red, green it was not an airplane or helicopter, no this thing was floating back and forth I almost woke my brother up but I let it pass and went to sleep.
Entry 3: 2:00 am next night
Freaky poo last night, so the lights came back, this time a helicopter was hovering around it, I knew it wasn't normal it did that for all most an hour. My brother came out of his room to see what was going on, so I showed him the light it was still moving a little back and forth, and then the neighbors came out and seen the sky, finally I am not the only one who seen this.
It came back a few month ago in late April I was going to go video tape it but when I looked again it was gone and have not been back
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
1 tbsp. Sunflower oil
1 Large onion, cut into wedges
3 lb, boneless top round or rump roast
3 Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 Medium white potatoes, cubed
2 Bay leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Envelopes (91.4oz each) onion soup mix
1 tbsp cornstarch or flour
1. Heat butter and sunflower oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and the beef,. Brown the beef on all sides. Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker.
2. Arrange the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves around the beef. Sprinkle with salt, In a large heat proof bowl or measuring cup combine the soup mix with 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until the eat is very tender, about 3 12 hours.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch and about 1 tsp water: stir to from a paste, Add 2 cups of hot liquid from the slow cooker and bring to a boil stirring until the gravy has thicken. Slice the beef and serve with vegetables and gravy
Nutritional Information Per Serving. calories 780, fat 26.5g (sat fat 9.6g) carbs 50.3g
2 Sweet potatoes
8 Yukon Gold potatoes
1/4 Cup plus 2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tsp. dried tarragon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425, peel and cube the sweet potatoes and yukon gold potatoes. Scrub the new potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Place the potatoes in a sauce pan Add enough lightly salted water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes for 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
3. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a large non stick baking sheet.
4. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with tarragon, salt, and pepper. Roast the potatoes until browned and crisp, about 25 minutes, Serve immediately
Nutrition Information Per Serving: calories 401, fat
14.4g (sat fat 2g) carbs 64.6g .
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Being a night owl as my self you see and hear a few weird things, I have a few recorded journal entries I will share. Let's see what first? Oh yeah! This was in the last week of last August, Entry: another strange night in the sky, I seen the light again with many colors thought it was a plane or helicopter but nope it was not, for some reason it stays in one spot for about 30 minutes to an hour then it will move to the right a little bit and stay till 4 am, ok another thing happen that night before 4 am, I was laying down just thinking about that light and all of a sudden I seen flashes, thinking what the heck is that, so me bieng curious I took a peek out the window and I saw a police car point it's flashlights at my neighbor windows all down the block and the windows all had the blinds down so they were just shining at the window for no reason, I have to say they might of been bored..but no way was I going to let them see me..
Entry 2 Tuesday the next day, the strange lights came back at the midnight hour about 2 am I head the ugliest howl and it was no dog unless it took voice lessons, I peeked out side but I saw nothing, the birds were singing before the howl and when it howled they stooped singing all night. nothing happen after these days until all the way to 12/10/14 me and my brother heard at 12 am two owls who had the loudest hoots, it was like they had bull horns, and he told me as long as he lived here he heard no owls, great only me, but they come back a few times and have not heard them anymore.
Let me know if you have strange stories at night like me the night owl, I will post a few more last from last year tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Sinful Color in GOGO Girl $1.99 at retailer stores, thumbs up for this one, well this is my opinion, what is yours? :)
- Strength training. Even 20 minutes a day twice a week will help tone the entire body.
- Interval training. "In its most basic form, interval training might involve walking for two minutes, running for two, and alternating this pattern throughout the duration of a workout," says Cedric Bryant, PhD, FACSM, chief science officer for ACE. "It is an extremely time-efficient and productive way to exercise."
- Increased cardio/aerobic exercise. Bryant suggests accumulating 60 minutes or more a day of low- to moderate-intensity physical activity, such as walking, running, or dancing.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Monday, May 11, 2015
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Package (1/4 oz) dry Yeast
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Olive oil
3/3 Cup pizza sauce
12 oz. Mozzarella, sliced
7 1 3/4 oz. Pepperoni slices (about 25)
1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
1/8 tsp. Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 12-x9-inch baking sheet. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Make a well in the center and add olive oil and 1 cup lukewarm water. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 5 minutes.
2. Roll out dough and press into prepared baking sheet. Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature, them bake for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove the crust from the oven and spread pizza sauce on top, leaving a 3/4 in border. Arrange the mozzarella on top and then the pepperoni, Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
4. Using a pizza knife, slice the pizza into 6 square slices. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
calories 483, fat 23.9g (sat fat 9.9g) carbs 45.4g
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray a large baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Combine the rice cereal, and Parmesan and ranch salad dressing mix in a large bowl.
2. Place beaten egg whites in a medium bowl. Dip each chicken thigh in the egg whites and then in the cereal mixture to coat evenly.
3. Arrange the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. 20-25 minutes, serve hot
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
calories 331, fat 15.4g (sat fat 5.4g) carbs 12g