Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Shredded Chicken Gyros Recipe

I want to share more of my recipe's I have in my magazine from Taste of Home

I will get my camera figured out to get brighter shots.



Ingredients:

2 medium onions, chopped

6 garlic cloves, minced

1 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning

1 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp. ground allspice

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

2 Tbsp. olive oil

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts

8 whole pita breads

Topping : tzatziki sauce, torn romaine and sliced tomato, cucumber, and onion

Steps

1. In a 3-qt, slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients: add chicken cook, covered on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender ( a thermometer should read 165 or over)

2. Remove chicken from slow cooker, Shred with two forks, return to slow cooker, using tongs, place chicken mixture on a pita breads, Serve with toppings.

Prep 20 minutes: Cooking 3 Hours: Makes 8 servings

Recipe submitted to magazine  by sixsistersstuff 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...