Monday, July 20, 2015

National Lollipop Day

How fun today I found out that it is National Lollipop Day July 20,  I love lollipop's ever since I was a kid. I'm not sure if you like them as well but they do come in many flavors and I have to say that mine is always cherry:)  specially the ones that are the big swirly ones that you get at fairs or theme parks now they are the best.





The history of the first lollipops in America is unclear.  Some speculate that they were invented during the American Civil War (1861-1865) while others believe lollipops have been around since the early 1800′s.  Most often, it is George Smith who gets the credit for inventing the modern style lollipop in 1908 and he trademarked the lollipop name in 1931.  His idea of putting candy on a stick was to make it easier to eat.  The name came from a popular racing horse at the time, Lolly Pops.


I think it is fun to celebrate this day with your kids or friends, just buy a few different lollipops and share them with people you encounter daily, how fun is that:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...