Key Lime Pie is a favorite of mine as all pie's. I am sharing this recipe from yet another of my Vegetarian Times Magazine. The secret to this pie is Cream of Coconut, don't confuse with coconut milk.
Crust: Serves 10 / Vegan
1 1/2 cups crushed vegan graham crackers, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup nonhydrogenated vegan margarine, melted
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 cup cream of coconut such as coco lopez
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
7 oz. extra firm tofu 1/2 package drained
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup plus 1 TBS agave nectar
2 tsp. grated lime zest for garnish
1. To make crust: Preheat oven 350, stir together crushed graham , crackers, margarine and agave nectar in a bowl, Press mixture into the bottom of 9 - inch pie dish using fingers or bottom of a drinking glass. Place crust in freezer while oven preheats
2. Bake crust 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. To make filling: Place cream of coconut, cashew, tofu, lime juice, cornstarch, nectar and lime zest in blender or food processor, blend until very smooth.
4. Transfer Filling to saucepan and heat over medium high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until filling thickens stirring constantly.
5. Spread in crust chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with garnish with lime slices and crushed grahams crackers.