Another favorite of my recipe's a Herb Roasted Chicken, Can be made anytime of the year. I am loving chicken more that red meat, well except for Lamb mmmm. I think you can be more creative with chicken than meat in my opinion. Great American Recipe's no website (
Herb Roasted Chicken, Serves 6
Each and every slice of this delicious and juicy herb-seasoned chicken partnered with colorful roasted vegetables is a winner.
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. dried sage
1 clove garlic crushed
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 whole chicken (3 lb. 5 oz.)
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 onion, peeled
2 cups chicken broth
6 oz. new potatoes, parboiled
3 bell peppers, deseeded and cut into quarters
2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
1 red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
flat-leaf parsley springs, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350, In a small bowl combine garlic, sage, butter, and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast being careful not to tear it.
2. Spread half of the herb mixture under the skin, rub the rest on top. Sprinkle with rosemary, place in chicken cavity and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
3. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and pour broth into pan. Cover pan with foil and roast for 1 hour.
4. Uncover chicken and roast until juices run clear when meat is pierced, about 40 minutes longer. Transfer to a serving dish, Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
5. Meanwhile place the parboiled new potatoes, peppers, zucchini and onion sliced on a separate baking tray drizzle with the oil and then roast to 35-40 minutes until cooked and crisp around the edges, Arrange around the chicken, along with parsley, serve.